[PD] Building Pd App on OSX

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 6 23:22:51 CEST 2013

What I do (in effect):

Get an existing Pd application and remove all the Pd sources
(Contents/Resources/src, bin, doc, tcl, portaudio, portmidi, extra, *.txt)

then un-tar a source tarball into Contrnts/Resources, cd to src, and
make -f makefile.mac

(Actually, of course, I do this from a script.  I have a pre-prepared
tarball of an empty Pd app, and using that and a source tarball I run
this shell file: )

-------------

#!/bin/sh
#usage: ./build 0.38-0 or 0.38-0test4

if test x$1 == x
then
   echo usage: ./build 0.38-0 or 0.38-0test4
   exit 1
fi

if test -d Pd-$1.app
then
    chmod -R 777 Pd-$1.app
    rm -rf Pd-$1.app
fi

tar xzf attic/wish-shell.tgz
mv "Wish Shell.app" Pd-$1.app
cd Pd-$1.app/Contents
chmod 755 .
rm -f Info.plist
cp -p  ../../attic/Info.plist .
cd MacOS
chmod 755 .
mv "Wish Shell" Pd
cd ..
cd Resources
chmod 755 .
rm -f Wish.icns
cp -p ../../../attic/pd.icns ../../../attic/pd-file.icns .
mv "Wish Shell.rsrc" Pd.rsrc
tar xzf ../../../pd-$1.src.tar.gz
mv pd-$1/* .
rmdir pd-$1