[PD] Aureon 7.1 usb on windows 7

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Thu Jul 11 18:39:58 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I have a problem working with a Terratec Aureon 7.1 USB on windows.

The setup:
msi laptop;
integrated realtek soundcard;
Terratec Aureon 7.1 USB with Terratec driver;
windows 7 family edition 64 bits;
pd-extended (0.42 i guess).

I set the audio output to the Aureon with 8 channels.

I either get only 2 channels of audio output, or 2 channels on the
Aureon and 2 channels on the integrated soundcard.

Trying the "asio" gives lots of clicks in audio.

I saw there's an option in the sound driver (outside pd) for setting the
number of channels, and it's set to 7.1 output.

Testing the individual loudspeakers with window's configuration panel
audio test works. So the soundcard "works".

Where could I check something ?

Disclaimer: I know barely nothing about Windows more than 95, so bear
with me if it's obvious :).

Also I won't have access to this computer soon. But any clues are
welcome.

Thanks,

--
Charles