[PD] Building Pd App on OSX

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 07:34:11 CEST 2013

On 07/06/2013 06:18 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Yeah... I originally assembled it by trial and error, starting from the
> "Wish Shell" app and changing stuff by trial and error.  It might even
> be the case that the "Wish Shell.app" archive used by the script below
> can be replaced with your own local one... but I thought it safer to cache
>   copy once I had it all working.

After yet another wasted hour on a non-free OS,
some questions regarding makefile.mac:

* what is -O6?  It throws an error right off the bat.  (I changed it to
-O3 to fix)
* why is there "-arch ppc" as well as i386?
* Why is there -isysroot?  If I'm using Xcode 4.6 the directory
specified after that flag in makefile.mac doesn't exist, and I get an error
that stdlib.h doesn't exist.
* Any hint what -isysroot should be to find something as
common as stdlib.h?
* Is "make -f makefile.mac" supposed to compile using cc, gcc, or
something else?

Slowly getting there,
Jonathan