[PD] Reverse Kickstarter Update

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 27 10:13:08 CEST 2013

 Hi,

nice work. I just tested it on windows xp sp3, and it works. At some other
point I can test it on w7, and ubuntu.

Some remarks, though, in case it interests you - or shold they be sent to
someone else?
- when patching, I could open/close an object to text edit it by using
ctrl-return. This doesn't work here anymore. Was it replaced by another key
combination?
- which font are you using? it looks a bit strange
- alt-f doesn't work to access the file menu. it would also be clearer if
the shortcut keys (F, E, ...) would be underlined, as usual in windows menus
- I guess autopatching is always on? didn't find a switch for it
- what does the "tidy up" command do, besides putting a comment in the
console? would it be better to remove it?
 - it might be a bit strange to have the same preferences menu in the media
and file menus. And then another preferences menu in Edit. I don't know
anything of menu design, but why not:
  - add the path and startup sections to the preferences window
  - access this window only through one menu? I guess in Media would be the
most traditional place, but many programs have it in Edit.
- the GUI profile is a very nice idea, I've been doing it for years with
Hans' commands. If you want, adding font+size would make it complete.
- are there any patches you would need to test specific parts of your work?
I might be able to help with that, since I can't program C or tcl/tk

On startup I get the console output:
midiin: windows: not supported
sysexin: windows: not supported
setting SO_BROADCAST

rmstopow~
... couldn't create
powtorms~
... couldn't create
scalar
... couldn't create
scope~
... couldn't create
warning -- 'template' (pd-help-intro.pd) is obsolete; replace with 'struct'

2013/7/26 Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>

> On 07/26/2013 04:39 PM, Colet Patrice wrote:
>
>> Le 26/07/2013 20:53, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
>>

>>> I just tested my demo buid using asio via port audio with the "Test
>>> Audio and MIDI" patch and it seems to work.
>>>

>> what system are you using? Mine is windows vista home premium SP2.
>>

> Mine is Windows XP Service Pack 3.
>
> I can test later on a Windows Vista system.
>
> -Jonathan

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin Deutschland
Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
jmmmpais at googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp
http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp