[PD] Please help!!

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 18:05:47 CEST 2013

On 29/07/13 21:22, Luca Mani wrote:
> To everybody, is it possible to run a pd patch with an 8 channel desk on a raspberry pi with an external USB sound card ?

Raspberry usb is not great, and some audio devices work while others do not,
there is apparently an 8-channel output device that works ... search this list
for details ... it seems you are most likely to have luck with basic consumer
level devices. I had good results with a simple, very cheap stereo output card,
but that is a much simpler setup than what you are asking for.

> Features used:
>
> Raspberry PI: Model B
> Audio usb sound card : Tascam us 1800 http://tascam.com/product/us-1800/

of course also the audio card needs to have linux drivers ... mostly this means
that the device needs to use standard usb audio drivers not its own special
driver, and looking at the tascam specs it seems to need its own drivers
installed to work in windows and OSX, which is not a good sign.

Simon