[PD] Reverse Kickstarter Update

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 20:55:29 CEST 2013

On 07/30/2013 01:22 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Two things from me:
>
> * missing a "Pd-extended" theme aka grey filled boxes

Ah yes, forgot that one.

> * the Apple interface guidelines generally frown on "Apply" buttons
> like the "Connect" button in the audio/midi dialogs. The expected
> behavior is that you also connect when you select the device in the
> drop down, the idea being you don't require 2 steps. At least that's
> how I would do it. It's a niggle, but thought I'd throw it in.

But then what about the blocksize, samplerate, and callbacks?  If those
don't immediately update then the user would have to switch devs to get
them to update.  If they immediately update then the user would need to
press <tab> or click somewhere to make the text entry lose focus.  Both
of those seem problematic, but if there's an Apple-like HIG solution
I'll try to implement it.

-Jonathan