[PD] libpd and Processing; handling externals

Òscar Martínez Carmona xamps23 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 08:14:43 CEST 2013

Hi list!
I'm aware that libpd and Processing are not the subjects more related to
this list but I've asked this were it's suposed to be; "Pd-everywhere" 's
threat at Create Digital Noise without any reply by now, so I'm trying it
here.
Libpd and Processing work really fine together and embedding PD patchs in
Processing apps (and even making them standalone) it's quite easy: cool!
The thing is that externals don't seem to work when used in the patch. That
happens also whith libpd on iOS or Android aswell, but the solution is well
doccumented and nicely solved in the (awesome) "Making Musical Apps" book
by Peter Brinkmann.
I haven't found any solution to this in the Processing environment by now,
does anybody know how to proceed? I'm using the lipbp5 Processing's version
of libpd in OSX 10.7 and more preciselly using the [moog~] and [ead~]
externals.
Thanx!

--
Òscar Martínez Carmona