[PD] libpd and Processing; handling externals

Brian Fay ovaltinevortex at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:07:29 CEST 2013

I'm guessing that this is not the desired solution (probably won't work on
Android or any other platforms that use Processing), but perhaps it's worth
mentioning that pd and Processing sketches can communicate via OSC
messages. Both the pd patch and the Processing sketch would have to be
modified, but they would be running independently of one another, so

This solution could work well for a simple desktop application (although
it's not embedded and maybe less convenient).

I'm not sure why compiling externals for use with Processing would be any
more difficult than compiling for Android, though, which from my
understanding only involves changing a flag or two in a makefile.

-Brian Fay