[PD] Worse performance with -nogui.

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 06:22:36 CEST 2013

Two issues:

First at all, when trying my patch (MEH-SYSTEM) with -nogui option, I
was having a "Segment fault"... untill I discovered that the "Robot" FX,
from RJDJ was turning DSP on.... and DSP was already on (was turned on
with a [loadbang]-[delay 2000]). This crashed Pd. Maybe a bug...?

Attempting to save some CPU (-nogui option), I started using the patch
and recorded all the sample banks... then, a lot of noisy clicks started
to appear. If I mute all the banks, the clicks are there, at low volume
but very audible.

Then, I realized that that noise is there only with -nogui option. Using
GUI, it sounds great. Is this a known issue? Because I expected to have
the opposite result...

I'm using Pd-Extended 0.43.4, Ubuntu 12.04, Jackd (Jack2?) with
256frames, 2periods, 48000, PulseAudio uninstalled, with a USB soundcard
(Encore ENMAB-8CM). It does the same noise with the integrated soundcard.

Here is the WIP (it is 0.7 version... but almost 1.0):
http://puredata.hurleur.com/viewtopic.php?pid=37430

If I can give you any other information, just ask for it.