[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.45 test release

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:47:36 CEST 2013

> multi-purpose "array" and "text" objects.  "Array" is a more general
> replacement for the "table", "tabread" and "tabwrite" obejcts.  "text" is
> sort of like Max's "coll" but simpler and hopefully more powerful.

great, that's really nice.

> "text"s are also avaioable as fields in data structures.

is it possible to update [pointer] or other object's help files to know how? or send an example patch?

Can texts be used as lists in data structures?

I noticed the new scalar object. Is it also supposed to edit already existing scalars? Can it have a "delete" function, which can yet only be done in edit mode or by deleting the whole canvas?
Besides adding an important feature to the program, it also prevents something that happens now and then: some scalars can become "trapped" inside a patch, without the user knowing about it, if they aren't being displayed somewhere. The only way to detect and delete these orphan scalars would be by editing the patch file in a text editor.

Best,

João