[PD] Error: invalid command name "pd"

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 23:01:55 CEST 2013

Hi Jonathan,

OK, here is a rundown of what I did to get tot working. Remember that I added elements FROM the svn version TO the downloadable verision from Krzystof's site.

in the miXed/shared/hammer directory:
gui.c needed all pd [concat etc] statements changed to pdsend [concat etc] as was advised.
file.c and file.h:
I changed the function

void hammereditor_open(t_hammerfile *f, char *title);

to add the third argument:

void hammereditor_open(t_hammerfile *f, char *title, char *owner);

and copied the relevant function from the svn version into file.c, overwriting the version that was there.

Also, in the downloaded tarball from Krzystof's site (I hope I got his name right) there was an extra function I added to file.h and file.c:

void hammereditor_setdirty(t_hammerfile *f, int flag);

from the svn version.

NOTE: I am only pasting the file.h declarations, so you'll have to check the files out for yourself. But I am including a tarball of only the files I changed.

I'm pretty sure that's all I did, but the annoying thing about the download was that cyclone had its own separate copy of the shared/ directory, so each file had to be copied into it as well. That's why you'll find a duplicated of the files in the cyclone folder, where none exists in the svn folder (again - I've removed everything I didn't have to change).

Also, I made sure I unzipped both the downloaded cyclone source file and the downloaded toxy source file into a folder I called miXed somewhere else from the svn copy on my hard drive. I don't know if it made any difference, but they were in the same folder I guess.

That's what I did. I didn't have to edit the Makefile.common in the root miXed directory, as I should expect since my m_pd.h, m_imp.h and g_canvas.h files I always copy to /usr/include when I install a new version of Pd. But I also notice that in the download versions of cyclone and toxy there are copies of m_pd.h and m_imp.h floating around!

Cheers,
Ed

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new music remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/

>________________________________

        [tot] doesn't work. My hacks on the other hand (in the email
        "miXed remix" earlier - tarball enclosed) make [tot] work and
        other things are broken.

>>The files gui.c, file.c and file.h in miXed/shared/hammer and
        the file scriptlet.c in miXed/shared/toxy are the files that
        needed pd [concat etc etc] changing to pdsend [concat etc etc].

>>My tot works with Pd 0.44 and that means I can do some gigs soon
        with my tracker patches. That's good enough for me, for now, but
        it would be great if we could get the whole of miXed fixed up to
        the latest Pd standards.

>What are the difference between your tarball and svn for the code
    that is shared among the various libraries in miXed?