[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.45 test release

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 19 16:42:14 CEST 2013

On 08/19/13 16:27, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 08/19/13 07:43, Miller Puckette wrote:
>> OK... I left these ones out:
>>
>> pd2puredata.patch
>> usrlibpd_path.patch
>> fixmanpage.patch
>> helpbrowser_puredata-doc.patch
>>
>> since I think they're debian-specific; took the other 11.  Thanks - they look
>> helpful!
>
> thanks for taking them in.

oops, i just noticed one patch that was included and probably should not
have been:
in debian we patch away the use of the internal portaudio/portmidi
libraries in order to use the system installed libraries.
this is most likely not wanted with the ordinary Pd distribution, so it
might be a good idea to revert patch 5f2af0674

and to resolve some confusion about Debian and BSD:
while Debian is mainly using linux as the underlying kernel, there are
also flavours with using "GNU/hurd" and "BSD" as the underlying kernel -
hence the patches.
i guess Debian is the system that most often compiles Pd on a
BSD-platform (using the autobuilds; no idea how many people actually use
it that way)

fgmasdr
IOhannes