[PD] Navigating OpenStreetMaps (or similar) from PD

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Wed Aug 21 11:42:47 CEST 2013

If it's a simple map you could just scan a map as a gif or whatever and
import it into Pd and calibrate user clicks on the image to suit your
purposes - there's a way of doing that but can't remember exactly how. I
did this once in MAX years ago. If though you want to track user
interactions with OpenStreetMaps specifically, you could have a look at
"OpenLayers". This offers a javascript library to track user
interactions and/or display graphics on top of an existing map such as
OpenStreetMap or others (Google, Bling etc) in a browser. How you get
this data over to Pd, I'm not sure (OSC?). Maybe someone can suggest
something. For Openlayers see: http://openlayers.org/

good luck

Iain