[PD] PD on retina display

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:18:40 CEST 2013

Also, apparently it's possible to run retina resolutions on non retina hardware for testing: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12124576/how-to-simulate-a-retina-display-hidpi-mode-in-mac-os-x-10-8-mountain-lion-on/13596261#13596261

That should work for testing Pd + retina without a new machine (hint hint Jonathan :D)

On Aug 21, 2013, at 5:15 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> A quick google search gives me this: Is it possible to have git gui / gitk look good on a retina Macbook Pro? and this.
>
> It seems there is a plist key for Retina-able apps. Can you try adding the following to /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Info.plist:

> On Aug 21, 2013, at 4:30 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
>
>> From: Jean-Michel Dumas <jm.dumas at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [PD] PD on retina display
>> Date: August 21, 2013 4:29:43 PM EDT
>> To: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
>> Cc: PDlist <pd-list at iem.at>
>>

>> lol I knew someone would post something like that and i'm aware of ways to do that (though not sed, since you have to be a wizard and/or a machine to use that). i'm still keeping that line, could be handy sometime, thanks.
>>
>> i'm working between multiple machines from a centralized patch repository, which means fixing the look of all the patches for one will render them weird looking on the others. my main patching machine is running Ubuntu and everything looks fine on it. the gig machine I need stuff to look good on is a new macbook, hence the retina display.
>>
>> anyway, the fact remains that all dialogs and menu bars and titles stay ugly even if I can partially fix the patches by reducing font size.
>>
>> i'm guessing it's XQuartz's fault somehow, but I know nothing about it or how to change the display mode.
>>
>> jm
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika