[PD] [OT] get video stream with pdgst from XIMEA camera

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 22 18:23:01 CEST 2013

On 08/22/13 18:05, Jack wrote:
>  When I compile streamViewer.cpp which contains the gstreamer pipe
> finishing by : v4l2sink device=/dev/video2, i get no error.
> And after :
> $ ./streamViewer
> the application runs as expected.

you might try to create a slightly more complex pipeline, that outputs
to both v4l2sink *and* autovideosink (so you can see whether the
pipeline is running).

> In Pd, i open the help patch about [pix_video] and send the message
> [driver v4l2, device 2( to [pix_video].
> I expect to get the stream, but i get (in the pd console) :
> Cannot open '/dev/video2': 2, Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
> v4l: failed opening device: '/dev/video2'
>
> So, it seems the gstreamer pipe is wrong OR the streamViewer.cpp is
> wrong after the modification.
> How can i solve this problem ?

try raising the verbosity of streamViewer, to see what it really does:
 ./streamViewer --gst-debug-level=4

check what happens to the videodevice when streamViewer should write to it.
try:
 v4l2-ctl --all -d /dev/video2
to see the mode of the device.
also check /sys/devices/virtual/video4linux/video2/format whether the
format has been set correctly.

fgmasdr
IOhannes