[PD] [OT] get video stream with pdgst from XIMEA camera

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 22 21:03:16 CEST 2013

On 08/22/2013 08:40 PM, Jack wrote:

> $ cat /sys/devices/virtual/video4linux/video1/format
> GREY?30:1280x1024 at 30
>
> I expect 60 fps.
> If i set :
> $ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 -p 60
> or
> $ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 -p 1
> It doesn't change anything.
> Do you know if there is a possibility to get this frame rate (60 fps) ?
> Is it a limitation using videoloopback ?

no.
v4l2loopback does not know nor care about frames or formats.
it simply passes the frames from one application to another. there is no
colorspace-conversion of resampling or the like involved.

it's gstreamer that doesn't set the framerate correctly.

you could force it by running:
 $ echo "@60" | sudo tee /sys/devices/virtual/video4linux/video1/format

in practice i don't think that this framerate setting will do much.

> For info, i get 60 fps when I use the application streamViewer.

how do you know?

fdsmard
IOhannes