[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.45-0 released

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 00:47:47 CEST 2013

On 08/26/2013 11:24 PM, Simon Wise wrote:
> On 26/08/13 22:03, me.grimm wrote:
>>
>> just currious, is all the work jonathon wilkes been doing on the pd
>> gui stuff (search, preferences, etc) on OSX expected to be a part of
>> Pd Vanilla?
>
> that is up to Miller, if it fits his plans or not, otherwise it's in
> extended, or imported manually where that is possible ... which is the
> same for all developments.

Here's a patch for 0.45.  I had to change the canvas line item that
resizes the comments into a rectangle, but
it behaves exactly the same.

As far as I can tell it works as it should.  Unless Miller changed
something major, the audio and midi dialog
prefs should get saved with clicking the "Apply" button.  GUI prefs
don't yet get saved.  I'll add that at some
point, but for now it's not to hard to select from the list.

There's still a "Preferences" cascade in the "File" menu that needs to
be removed.  That's fairly simple to
do, but the prefs for startup libs are in there, and since I didn't add
those to the prefs dialog I didn't want to
remove the corresponding code with my patch.

As always, rice and beans are welcome:
https://jwilkes.nfshost.com/donations.php

Best,
Jonathan