[PD] send message to current pd-window

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Wed Aug 28 06:25:41 CEST 2013

Thanks for the suggestion!

[active] can only tell if the current window has the focus or not.

[active] together with [window_name] can actually send the current window
name as soon as it gets activated but that would require placing an
abstraction in every single patch and subpatch. I have a huge amount of
abstractions and subpatches so that is kind of out of the question.

Somehow Pd has to keep track of which window is currently opened and active.
Isn't there a way to get that window / sub patch name without sending it
from the actual subpatch itself?

Alternatively - is there a way to send letters or ASCII characters from
within Pd to Pd? Like CTRL + E for edit mode or anything else that can be
done by QWERTY key commands?

Ingo