[PD] RME TotalMix controlled with OSC

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 22:26:53 CEST 2013

Yeah all numbers are floats ... but if I do this:

[3 <

[int]

[/osc/number $1 <

[packOSC]

[udpsend]

packOSC sets the argument type on the receiving end as an int. I've had that bite me in the past for osc apis that are only looking for ints instead of both ints & floats. I was thinking that [packOSC] might be interpreting a non-decimal float as an int, but I don't think so ...

On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:

> hm. since in Pd all numbers are floats printing a 1.0 will show 1
> however I can use [makefilename %s.0] which seems to be a possible workaround.
>
> <forcedecimal.pd>
>

> Am 28.08.2013 um 21:58 schrieb Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>:
>
>> Sounds like they don't want ints and sending non decimal values as floats results in an int type tag in the OSC message. Try forcing all values to be floats with a [float] object.
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2013, at 3:34 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
>>
>>> From: Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>
>>> Subject: [PD] RME TotalMix controlled with OSC
>>> Date: August 28, 2013 2:33:32 PM EDT
>>> To: PD list <pd-list at iem.at>
>>>

>>> Hi List, has anyone used OSC o control RME's TotalMix application? The OSC support in there seems rather flawed, for instance the float messages seem to require 1.0 format and 1 will be wrong. How can I sent floats in Pd which have a zero decimal?
>>>
>>> m.
>>
>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox
>> @danomatika