[PD] send message to current pd-window

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 09:36:14 CEST 2013

On 29/08/13 14:57, Ingo wrote:
> I was kind of hoping to find a simple and existing solution for globally
> sending hid inputs to the current Pd-patch / subpatch / window inside of Pd.
>
> Since I need this only for speeding up programming I found an external
> solution "btnx" to reprogram the mouse buttons for sending key commands.
> That does the trick for me.

xbindkeys is a quite useful general tool for this kind of thing, mapping key or
mouse combinations to commands, also if you want there is a scheme option for
more intricate mappings of sequences etc. nice for configuring keystroke and
mouse button independently of all the annoying desktop gui stuff.

or triggerhappy (thd) which is similar but outside X

Simon