[PD] scratchy noise from soundcard

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 15:55:01 CEST 2013

Hi gentlemen,

I have a problem with the pd-extended 0.43.4 on Ubuntu 10.04.
The soundblaster audiocard in the system is configured well, ALSA plays any
sound without problem. When I test the audio in Pd, it has a constant
noise, similar to a noise of fan or whatever machinery. The test tone is
hardly hearable. The same from playing any audio from Pd.

Trying any other audio ways, OSS or jack, does not have audio at all.
What can be the problem, how to fix it? Anybody had similar experience with
Ubuntu?

 I never managed to connect my audio card with pd in jackd. Either pd does
not appear in the list to connect, or if it is there and connected with the
card, jackd stops immediately.
What do I do wrong?

The computer is a 64bit AMD.

Thanks in advance for your help: