[PD] Pd <-> Radium

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 16:51:09 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM, András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <
> k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM, András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Hello Kjetil,
>>>
>>> This is very interesting, thanks for sharing!
>>>
>>> When trying to add simple_midi_synth to the graph (? I don't know how
>>> you call it), it seems it wants to load libs from the .pdextended settings
>>> file even if pd-extended is not installed. When pd-extended is installed, I
>>> get this error:
>>> Unable to create libpds instance. Error message:
>>> "/tmp/libpd_1378125318_83135_1571333196_bs94VC.so: undefined symbol:
>>> _ZTI7GemBase".
>>>
>>> Personally, I wish I could use pd-l2ork from radium but I'm totally
>>> unaware if it's pdlib-compatible and if it's possible at all...
>>>

>> Hi András,
>>
>> pd-extended is actually included in Radium, but I've only included the
>> vanilla objects from the externals directory of it.
>> From the error message you get, it seems like Gem should also be
>> installed with Radium in order to run correctly.
>>
>> To solve this problem, though, you should only have to add the path to
>> where the Gem externals are installed into ~/.pdextended.
>> Alternatively, you could temporarily rename your ~/.pdextended file to
>> something else when running radium, to avoid the dependency problem.
>> It would also be useful to know the content of your ~/.pdextended file,
>> to locate which externals you have that needs Gem.
>>

> When renamed .pdextended, the messages I'm getting are these:
> no preferences file "/home/muranyia/.pdextended"
> Unable to create libpds instance. Error message:
> "/tmp/libpd_1378132431_561780_1846930686_cA3Sts.so: undefined symbol:
> iemgui_select"

Something else is wrong. iemgui_select is inside the pd source. Something
may have gone wrong during compilation.

Did you follow this procedure?:

mkdir temp
cd temp
git clone https://github.com/kmatheussen/radium.git
touch audio/*.cpp common/gfx_op_queue_generated.c
common/visual_op_queue_proc.h
make packages
BUILDTYPE=RELEASE ./build_linux.sh -j7
./start.sh

Can you also mail me privately the terminal output when running radium?