[PD] A giant step sideways for Pd on Android

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Sep 3 18:10:09 CEST 2013

Hey all,

Just got MIDI input working in PdDroidParty thanks to Peter Brinkmann's
new libpd midi glue code.

This means you can plug a MIDI controller or keyboard into your Android
tablet/phone using the OTG cable, and use it to control Pd on the
device. Which means yr gigging setup just shrank to pocket size.

Almost certainly bugs.

Have at it!

http://droidparty.net/

Now I must sleep.

Cheers,

Chris.

PS after you load a patch it's under a menu option.

PPS crashes phones/tablets that don't do USB in (< Android 2.3.4 I think).

PPS I recently found a really good 7" tablet from Shenzen for $US 88 so
we are getting down to Raspberry Pi kinds of prices. Email me if you
want the link.
--
http://mccormick.cx/