[PD] pix_video webcam 1280x720

Marian Weger mail at marianweger.com
Fri Sep 6 17:39:52 CEST 2013

Am 06.09.13 16:26, schrieb giuliano obici:
> Someone had experience using that webcam of microsoft Lifewebcam
> Cinema or other webcam with resolution HD.

Hello Guliano,

I have some good experience with the Logitech C615 and C920 FullHD
webcams. Under Linux.
BUT:
With the limited bandwith of USB 2.0, it is not possible to transfer HD
video with acceptable framerate, so these hd webcams have built-in h.264
compression.
Under Linux, the v4l2 drivers can use this compression and offer the
full resolution in PD/GEM.
Unfortunately, Apple has not implemented this compression feature into
their crappy usb camera drivers, so you stick to good old standard
definition on OSX.

cheers,
marian