[PD] problems with 48Khz SR on osx 10.8

jo57 jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 04:19:04 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying out the latest Pd on OS x 10.8 and for some strange reason it works perfectly well with 44k SR and has horrible issues with 48k SR.

Horrible issues mean that the test audio sine wave crackles unless I give it a latency of about 500ms. Even then the whole software seems less responsive and the gui is lagging running just the test sound patch.

This happens with both 0.45-1 versions (downloaded compiled from miller's site, 64bit and the regular one).

This doesn't seem to be a hardware issue as good old 0.42-5 version works flawlessly.

I will try to test latest Pd on OS X 10.7 as soon as I can and report...

anybody else?