[PD] Wish Error : "Unable to alloc xxx bytes"

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 8 10:58:06 CEST 2013

On 09/07/13 07:17, jim wrote:
> Hello ,
> I keep getting an error that is crashing a patch. As shown above it is
> "Unable to alloc xxx bytes" where xxx seems to be different each time it

what exactly do you mean by "Wish Error" (as in the subject).
is "Unable to alloc xxx bytes" (with 'xxx' being a placeholder) the
*exact* error message you get, or is it the errpr "as you remember it"
(and it could well be slightly different, e.g. "unable to allocate xxx
bytes for GetIpAddrTable").

the exact wording might help to locate the part of the code the throws
the error.

also, which values does xxx typically have? i mean, is it more like 10
or more like 541353232?

otoh, the general nature of the error indicates that you are running out
of memory, which could have multiple reasons and none of them too
delightful.
it's a bit weird though, as nowadays (with all that swap space
available) your system will usually slow down to unresponsiveness and
crash before you ever see such an error.

ghmdst
IOhannes