[PD] Loading/modifying some PD files causing computer restart

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Mon Sep 9 00:11:15 CEST 2013

I recently got a Dell XPS 13 Developer edition running Ubuntu 13.04
(Intel Ivybridge Mobile driver) and have tried using pd-extended
0.43.4 64 on it. For the most part it runs fine. However, I've noticed
that in some situations, such as an old patch not being able to find
external abstractions, it causes the screen to go black and then log
me out. This also happens in some patches when I try to type in the
name of a new object on the canvas.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing this. I've attached a patch that
I grabbed from the list which causes a restart when I try to type in a
new object

Any help would be appreciated.

Antonio

--