[PD] age old multichannel sound card question...

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu Sep 12 11:15:41 CEST 2013

Am 12.09.2013 um 15:36 schrieb Marian Weger <mail at marianweger.com>:

> Am 12.09.13 00:13, schrieb Jaime E Oliver:
>> Do the latest RME cards (fire face UCX, UC, UFX) work under Linux? alsa/ffado?
>> Does anyone use the fireface 800 successfully with ffado?
>
> hi,
>
> The new firefaces (ufx, ucx) seem to be running perfectly well via usb2 under linux, with "class compliant mode", without drivers.
> But i have not tested it personally.

I have the UCX running in CC mode, Alsamixer has only one control, the master volume.

You need a Kernel with at least 3.8 to get audio over USB2 devices at all because of some bug in ALSA.
The fix of the alsa /sound/usb/mixer.c is in kernel 3.8 which i have on the system.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2013-January/058998.html

however the current kernel has some issues wich causes horrible crackles (I tried 44100 and 48000 Hz, they both give me different kind of crackles).

m.