[PD] pd-scheme / SIOD

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:40:35 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Luigi Rensinghoff
<soundgigi at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi List, Hi Larry
>

> I havent been using PD for a while.
>
> But i have a little project which i like to explore
>
> I found i nice "scheme" script in the context of the linux-sound-editor "snd", that synthesizes plenty of birds, animals and insects.
>
> So i was wondering if it possible to get this running inside of PD, so i can be played in realtime...
>
> How difficult is it to compile "SIOD" on OS X ?

I don't know how much time you want to spend on this. Making it work
on Linux shouldn't be too hard,
using snd-ls and compiling snd with the --pd-external option. This way
you create snd as a pd-external,
with the ability to run scheme code in real time (no kidding).
http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/src/snd-ls/snd-ls-0.9.8.17.tar.gz

But you probably have to sweat a little bit for this to work, and to
make it work on OSX you might have
to spend a good amount of time, since I don't think anyone has run
snd-ls/snd-rt on OSX.