[PD] prevent opening of patches

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Sep 19 14:31:30 CEST 2013

> i assume, you are working on OSX:
> got to system preferences,
> click on the General Settings tab
> un-tick the box "restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps"
> cheers,
> Peter

Yes, it's a new "feature" of Lion OSX 10.7 and 10.8. It is extremely
annoying with Pd, because as soon as Pd try to reopen some already dead
sockets everything crashes without warning or log.

You can lock the pd folder, so to keep the configuration saving system
running for other software. Here's the how-to on puredata.org by Dan Wilcox:

http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToTurnOffResumeWindowsForPDOnMacOSX107Lion

I don't have Mac, but had to solve this issue all the time in my last
workshop this past months.