[PD] Sum of delays...

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:04:03 CEST 2013

Thanks Frank, I understand the way Pd uses the sort. But I have to tell
you that my patch has a Sound Router, as the attached file shows. With
that router, I have different possibilities (The FX consoles are
abstracts, also the Sample Banks):

*Mic ----------> FX console A -> FX console B -> Output
Sample Banks /

Mic ---> FX console A -> FX console B -> Output
                          Sample Banks /

Sample Banks ---> FX console A -> FX console B -> Output
                                            Mic /

Mic -> FX console A ----------> Output
Sample Banks -> FX console B /

Sample Banks -> FX console A --> Output
           Mic -> FX console B /**
***
And, with RESAMPLE FUNCTION (only one example):

*Mic ----------> FX console A -> FX console B -> Output**
**Sample Banks /                               \ Sample **Banks (resample)
*
The Sound Router is a subpatch in the main patch.

How about using s~ in the Sound Router (subpatch) and r~ in the main
patch and, then, cord-connecting to the abstracts? (Instead of using r~
inside the abstract).

The default use of this patch (when I use the mic to talk to the people)
is the first example (although the FX consoles are off). Maybe, if I
need to sort only in one way, I should sort following these example.

Thanks again.

PD: I have to say that I'm having a good latency using this patch, but
maybe it could be better, only sorting in the right way. In other words,
I'm not desperate to improve this.