[PD] hopefully simple feature request: Comments

Jaime E Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 23:20:15 CEST 2013

While we are on the subject of the great advances in graphics and editing features in recent versions of Pd, I wonder if it would be at all possible and simple enough to include something that we talked about a while ago.

currently, if you create an object, message or number, while another object is highlighted, the new object will be created just beneath it and will be connected.

It would be great to extend this behavior to comment creation and have a comment or object/message/number be created immediately below a highlighted comment. This would add coherence to the editing behavior and save time when several comments need to happen beneath each other, or when writing a comment and then patching an explanation. This is very useful when making patches for students to review...

Perhaps it is not so simple? I don't know enough about this part of pd to propose code, but since it is already partially implemented it might not be so hard?

Looking forward to hearing your comments...