[PD] alsa and jack on ARM/Wandbaord

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:00:39 CEST 2013

Hello Chris,

It may be unrelated but with Debian Squeeze on particular Intel laptops
(Panasonic CF-74 and CF-19) I've always experienced that same problem:
recording works, playback works, but no duplex sound from Pd or Jack out of
the box. In these cases it was a matter of unchecking as many unused
options as possible in the ALSA mixer, in particular 'IEC958 Default PCM'
(don't know if you have that option). That used to make the difference
every time though I still don't know why.

Katja