[PD] Gridflow and fonts on Raspberry Pi

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon Sep 23 12:45:35 CEST 2013

 I've confused a bit the first trick, renaming a proc could be necessary for procedures coded from pd messages, not the ones loaded from a tcl files. Also, introcing tcl classes could help for not having duplicated proc names.

 It would be nice to know if sys_gui is ok on Raspberry Pi in the case I'd use it on some project :D.

[sys_gui] can replace a large bunch of external objects (zexy, toxy, cyclone, moocow, ...), but a bit slower, and sometimes would require the need to use [makefilename %c] for curved braces, but in most cases tcl's [list ...] can do it. The new text object allows to store easily tcl code inside a patch or datastructure, I've found this usefull for storing image data... Including it into pd-core would make it very efficient for application designing, there still would be the need for [get_dir] in file processing though.

Colet Patrice