[PD] Sending large number in comport

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Sep 28 20:30:48 CEST 2013

On 09/28/13 17:17, Charles Goyard wrote:

> Of course the motor ignores the message.
>
> I added a [makefilename %d] before the [print VT=$1( message and it does
> work well.

the dollsym message
  [symbol VT=$1(
is really *equivalent* to the object
  [makefilename VT=%g]
with the latter potentially being faster.

dollargs don't evaluate particularily fast;

 [makefilename %d]

 [symbol VT=$1(
is equivalent to
 [makefilename %d]

 [makefilname VT=%s]
which means that you have to do string-conversion two times.

if you want decent performance you should go directly:

 [makefilename VT=%d]

 [print $1(

(the $1-expansion in the last message is pretty fast, as '$1' is
replaced directly with the atom without any fancy string stuff)

fmgadr
IOhannes