[PD] tanh() or a compressor?

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 16:38:04 CEST 2013

hey,

if CPU is a matter, you could try to use an external analog (or digital)
compressor (and an eq) between your mic and your soudcard.

The table display in Pd is linear while sound intensity feeling is
logarithmic, so it's not surprising to have such peaks.
When you try to write value > 1 to disk or to output it, it's clipped to 1.

++

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr