[PD] Legal restrictions for apps

Tony Hillerson tony.hillerson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:32:21 CEST 2013

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about the restrictions for using Pure Data patches in Android and iOS apps with libpd. I have a rudimentary understanding that if I distribute software that's released under the GPL or LGPL I need to make available my source or at least the object files of my app.

As I understand it, from the vanilla distribution contains [expr~], which is LGPL. If I use libpd, I'm distributing it, and I need to make the source or the object files of my apps available. Is that correct? Are there any paid apps that use pd and distribute through Google Play or Appstore?

--
Tony Hillerson