[PD] Legal restrictions for apps

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 4 18:52:04 CEST 2013

On 10/03/13 02:35, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> - I leave out [expr] & [expr~] for now. The license in the expr src folder is LGPL,
> but the license in the source headers is GPL and the following is printed to console
> when first loading the external: "expr, expr~, fexpr~ version 0.4
under GNU General Public

there has been extensive discussion on this with the original authors
(*all* copyrightholders) of [expr] (most of it forwarded/CCed to this
list), and IIRC correctly the final result as that expr has been
re-licensed under the LGPL.
for me this means that the code *is* LGPL, even if on load the
splashscreen says that it is BSD4 or the microsoft EULA.

but of course it is annoying to have contradictory license information
staring at your face (esp. when you have to argue with someone like
apple), so i suggest to fix the headers and the printout.

please file a bug-report (eventually including a patch that does the fixing)

fgmasdr
IOhannes