[PD] RE : Re: need help with gem and glsl feedback

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Oct 6 14:41:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

Le 05/10/2013 22:51, Py Fave a écrit :
> in fact my problem is not solved .
> it seems like the feedback effect  happens everywhere but on the
> surface drawn by the shader .
According to the patch, the feedback is applied on a [square 4] (where
there is also the [torus 2]).
Then, [gemframebuffer] 'snap' the whole 'inside' [square 4]. And your
torus is inside this snapshot (as texels and not vertices).

> i use a torus , in perspective wich has a shader applied .
>
> i tried the following workaround(archive is joined ) , but still no luck .
> the file to open has a OPEN in name .
It seems there is no circle4.geom, [receive13] and [nshader0]
objects/abstractions in your .zip.

> i would like the dots to have the feedback ,
> or dots + geometry alltogether.
I can't see dot in your patch (or gem window), maybe they come from
geometry shader (which is missing) ?

> i tried pix_snap2tex ( using gems.feedback from pdmtl abstractions) too
> but no luck because we can't choose the mixing function .
> and i would like only white to make trails .
> and i don't know how to keep the supporting geometry from appearing .
> the torus should be full black with a white trail only .
A simple possibility is to use 2 torus, a black 'on' a white. And use
the white for the trail ?

An other way :

white torus as texture
|__> in the feedback __> output feedback as texture
|__> convert white in black texel __> output black torus as texture

Then mix (multiply) black torus with white feedback to get a black torus
with white trails.
++

Jack