[PD] declare and abstraction

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 8 16:30:38 CEST 2013

Hi Cyrille,

I struggled with that for a long time myself. Unless something changed in
0.44/0.45 the only really reliable solution I found was to *only* use [declare]
in a *toplevel* file, and never in any abstraction.  So for your layout I would
only put a [declare] into "patch.pd" like:

In patch.pd:
   [declare -path .
       -path dir1 -path dir2
       -path dir1/abstraction1 -path dir2/abstraction2]

Note that the first path that I always set is to the current directory (".") -
it's useful to have as well.

Ciao
--
Frank