[PD] RPI usb soundcards that require mmap_emul

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:24:40 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm building a fresh rpi image and after installing hexxah's rpi-update and
running it to update the firmware I got this message (not seen before):

"mmap_emul is set in /etc/asound.conf, disabling it as it is no longer
necessary
If you are (for instance) using an external USB soundcard that needs
mmap_emul,add the string LEAVE_ME_ALONE to your /etc/asound.conf as a
comment
If you don't know what an /etc/asound.conf is, don't worry about this
message"

So I guess my question is:
How do you know if your usb soundcard requires mmap_emul?

Also a heads up as I know a couple of people mentioned having sound
problems recently and perhaps this may help.

This is most recent raspbian image btw.

Regards,

Julian