[PD] Direct-from-disk audio with position, loop, varispeed

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:05:07 CEST 2013

El 09/10/13 18:08, IOhannes m zmölnig escribió:
> On 10/09/13 20:49, Mario Mey wrote:
>> Sorry, I meant that I wanted to know the *time position* of the file,
>> while playing. I know that I can put a [timer] and reset-activate it
>> when readsf~ starts playing, but I would be great if readsf~ use the
>> mostrigh outlet to output this information (always or when asked for it).
> why?
>
> or rather, why don't you just create an abstraction [meyreadsf~] that
> wraps the [timer] logic (and share it with the community)?
Well... it's a good idea. I use readsf~ with switch~ to pause and
unpause it. It can be all transformed in an abstraction. I don't need
precision and my 20 minutes song doesn't need to be counted... but if
readsf~ is precise with time position, then, the new abstract will be too.

*Is readsf~ precise?*

If/when I make that abstract, I'll share it, of course.