[PD] Building externals on OSX

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 19:08:56 CEST 2013

Hi list,
     Another roadblock:
When I compile the externals in "extra" and try to create them I get an error to the Pd console:
load_object: Symbol "choice_setup" not found

In the "choice" directory there is a choice.d_fat and a choice.pd_darwin.

nm choice/choice.d_fat shows a line with this:
00000e54 T _choice_setup

and nm choice/choice.pd_darwin shows a line with this:
000006c0 T _choice_setup

If I rename one or the other I still get the same error to the console.
Same for all the other objects in "extra".
Same whether I prefix them with the libdir name or not.
Same if I put a [declare -path .] in a patch and put it in the "extra" directory.

-Jonathan