[PD] moog~ in pure pd?

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Fri Oct 11 11:33:00 CEST 2013

On 10/11/2013 08:32 AM, Dan Wilcox wrote:

> [vcf~] sounds close, but of course, it's a band pass so it's not a real replacement.

the undocumented 2nd output of vcf~ is a lowpass. and there are a few
methods to build the basic (cookbook) filters with pd-vanilla-objects:
you could use fexpr~ to make your own signal-rate biquad. it works very
well, but needs a lot more cpu than necessary. or you could use
cpole~/czero~. like in the beequad-abstractions. i have used the same
method in all my filters, with signal-rate. (in my "instruments
collection" on my homepage). of course this is still not exactly
moog~. it should be possible though to make a moog-abstraction
in the same way, but i have not tried (yet)...
maybe anyone else has already?

bis denn!
	martin