[PD] RPI usb soundcards that require mmap_emul

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 13:35:44 CEST 2013

2013/10/11 Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com>

> I tend to stick with 44.1 so it's good to know 48k could be trouble.
>
> Hmmm, disabling ethernet isn't an option for ssh communication.

Yes, it is a matter for me too
So I made a udev rules that disables ethernet when the sound card is
connected and re-enables it when the sound card is removed

> Perhaps the 'LEAVE_ME_ALONE' comment could be worth checking out?

yes, it could but I haven't the card under the hand anymore

> Also, what did you roll back to get audio working again?

if I remember correctly,
with the firmware of middle september, i got cracke in audio with ethernet
enabled, which is the same with firmware from late April
but when I disable ethernet, USB is not working well anymore, even if there
is no audio card, e.g. my keyboard does something very strange
and the sound card doesn't work well
but this could be due to the function I use to disable ethernet which seems
to a hack and may be no more usable with recent firmware without making USB
inusable.

so I did :
sudo rpi-update 994e46341bd190ef4ce6ee011e3f9fb8173e2bbf
to get the firmware from april 26th
and disable ethernet with :

dhclient -r #release DCHP
echo -n "1-1.1:1.0" | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/smsc95xx/unbind
#disable the cheap

+