[PD] build pd with jack in raspbian on rpi?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 14 12:14:35 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-14 07:13, Julian Brooks wrote:

>> Anyway, when typing 'pd' on the command line I get this:
>> pd: error while loading shared libraries: libportaudio.so.2: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory

a few possibilities:
#0 refresh your ldcache
 # ldconfig
puredata should have installed all apropriate libraries, but the new
libraries might not yet be known to your system.
`ldconfig` should do the trick (alternatively rebooting will do as well)

#1 properly install portaudio as shipped with Pd (and Pd):
since it seems that you have pd in your PATH, i guess you already
installed Pd with something like:
 # make install
if this did not install portaudio, run the following:
 # make -C portaudio install

#2 disable portaudio:
 $ ./configure --without-portaudio
personally, that's my preferred way, as i don't really see the point of
portaudio (on linux) when Pd supports jack and alsa and oss.

#3 install portaudio from Debian
 # aptitude install libportaudio2
(this will install another version of portaudio as the one you compiled
Pd against (you compiled against the one Pd ships with, and now you are
linking against the one debian ships with; according to the .so-names
this should not be a problem)

since i now read that you managed to get it running by rebooting Pd, i
guess the correct solution was #0.

gfmsrd
IOhannes