[PD] compiling cw_binaural~ for android

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 22:59:27 CEST 2013

2013/10/15 Husk 00 <husk00 at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Antoine Villeret <
> antoine.villeret at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> the Makefile is from template version 1.0.7 whereas the actual template
>> is 1.0.14
>> as cw_binaural~ library is written in C++ (at least have .cpp file, I
>> didn't look at the code) the template needs some tweak to work
>>

> what kind of tweak it needs? I'm not a C coder but I can try to mess a
> little bit around....can you explain me a bit more please?

default makefile is looking to *.c files instead of *.cpp
all the build rules are made to deal with .c and not .cpp
this lead to weird behavior like the "make clean" rule would delete all
your .cpp sources files listed in the Makefile...

>> also I just tried this and I got :
>> make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « cw_binaural~.so »,
>> nécessaire pour « all ». Arrêt.
>>

>  I'm not sure to get it

I mean I was trying to build with a tweaked Makefile, but it failed and I
don't know why now...

btw, I used to include the sources of externals for android directly into
my Eclipse project
small changes in Android.mk and Application.mk make it very easy to work
with external in libpd (it can be built and updated automatically when
running the app)
see the example in libpd and moreover the ScenePlayer source to get started

I could post here an example on how to build C++ external in Eclipse if you
need

cheers