[PD] USB power off from [shell] for eliminating MIDI interfaceproblems

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Oct 17 10:27:04 CEST 2013

Thanks for the suggestion!

I know this can be done with a relay but it's not doable in my particular
case. I really need to find out how to do this in software.

Unbind and bind in /sys/bus/usb/drivers/...  won't work either, btw. I
managed to turn the interface(s) off and on but not the power supply. So the
problem persists.

There is a maximum power setting that allows to specify the number of mA but
is tells me that I don't have permission (as root) to make changes.

It's also not possible to unplug and replug the interfaces as they are in a
closed box.