[PD] oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 26 17:14:46 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-26 16:05, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi! Pd 0.45.0 informs me at startup that
>
> "oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?"
>
> while all seems to work normally. I also have this:

i have the same

> cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xf8220000 irq 45
> 29 [ThinkPadEC     ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
>                       ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30,

whereas i have:
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xf2530000 irq 47
 4 [ThinkPadEC     ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
                      ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30,

(ha! strikingly similar!)

> What does the above warning try to tell me?

iirc, it tells you that the soundcards are not in consecutive order. in
your case you have only card0 and card29 (with #1-#28 missing), in my
case card0 and card4 (with #1-#3 missing).
i have absolutely no idea why Pd thinks that this might be a problem and
thus reports a warning.

g,asrd
IOhannes