[PD] covert sensor data to midi

Sofia Paraskeva sofia at copperbluemedia.com
Mon Oct 28 17:39:18 CET 2013

Dear list,

I have a patch that receives data from wireless sensor (FSR) via xbee USB serial port.
I want to convert the raw data to MIDI and i don't know how to do this.
In my understanding converting to MIDI means scaling the raw sensor values to to a range of 0-126
This is going to be for a percussion sound, so how hard the sensor is pressed will determine for example how loud it is heard.
I've read some things online and people talk about using a hardware device to convert to MIDI.
Can I do this without a hardware device?

Thank you,

Sofia